Elsternwick Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Elsternwick Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing elsternwick.vic.guide for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Elsternwick for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Elsternwick?
Elsternwick Galleries and Museums
Galleries, Museums, and Historical Venues In and Around Elsternwick
Elsternwick is a charming town located in the southeastern suburbs of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. The town is renowned for its vibrant arts and cultural scene, with plenty of galleries, museums, and historical venues for locals and visitors alike to explore and appreciate. In this article, we'll delve into some of the top spots to check out in and around Elsternwick.
1. The Gallery @ Bayside Arts & Cultural Centre - Located in the heart of Brighton, just a short drive from Elsternwick, The Gallery is known for its curated exhibitions of contemporary art. Visitors can expect to see works from renowned local and international artists across a range of mediums, including painting, sculpture, and installation art.
2. Linden New Art - This contemporary art gallery is nested in a beautiful Victorian mansion in St Kilda, just ten minutes' drive from Elsternwick. The gallery showcases emerging and established artists across various mediums, including photography, sculpture, and installation art. Visitors can also enjoy the gallery's stunning gardens and grounds.
3. Victorian Artists Society - Located in the heart of Melbourne's CBD, the Victorian Artists Society is the oldest fine arts society in Australia, with a history dating back to 1870. The gallery showcases a range of traditional and contemporary artworks from local and international artists. Visitors can also take part in workshops, art classes, and other events hosted by the gallery.
1. Jewish Holocaust Centre - Located on Selwyn St, Elsternwick, the Jewish Holocaust Centre is a must-visit destination for those interested in learning about the Holocaust and its impact on the Jewish community in Australia. The museum features a range of historical artifacts, personal stories, and multimedia displays, providing a powerful and moving experience for visitors of all ages.
2. Rippon Lea Estate - This magnificent historic mansion and estate is located just a short drive from Elsternwick, in the suburb of Elsternwick East. The estate dates back to the 1860s and features a range of well-preserved heritage buildings, including a ballroom, stables, and servants' quarters. Visitors can take a guided tour of the mansion and estate, explore the gardens and grounds, and enjoy a picnic or other leisure activities.
3. Scienceworks - Located in nearby Spotswood, Scienceworks is a fun and interactive museum that caters to visitors of all ages. The museum features a range of hands-on exhibits, interactive displays, and multimedia experiences that explore the wonders of science and technology. Visitors can enjoy daily shows and demonstrations, as well as special events and workshops held throughout the year.
1. St Kilda Pier - Just a short drive from Elsternwick, St Kilda Pier is a popular destination for locals and tourists alike. The pier dates back to the 1850s and features a range of well-preserved heritage buildings, including the iconic St Kilda Pavilion. Visitors can stroll along the pier, take in views of the bay and city skyline, and enjoy a range of leisure activities.
2. Como House and Garden - This beautiful historic mansion and garden is located just five minutes' drive from Elsternwick, in the suburb of South Yarra. The mansion dates back to the 1850s and features a range of well-preserved heritage buildings, including a ballroom, servants' quarters, and stables. Visitors can take a guided tour of the mansion and garden, enjoy a picnic, or take part in one of the many events and activities held on the grounds throughout the year.
3. Melbourne Town Hall - Located in the heart of Melbourne's CBD, the Melbourne Town Hall is a magnificent heritage building that dates back to the 1860s. Visitors can take a guided tour of the hall and explore its stunning architecture, including the grand organ and the famous Portico Clock. The hall is also home to a range of cultural and community events throughout the year.
Whether you're interested in contemporary art, science and technology, or Victorian-era history, the town of Elsternwick and its surrounding suburbs have plenty of galleries, museums, and historical venues to explore and enjoy. From the Jewish Holocaust Centre to the Victorian Artists Society, there's something for everyone in this vibrant and culturally rich part of Melbourne.
Elsternwick Galleries and Museums Articles